The elections for the Athletes Commission will take place on Friday 17 December 2021 and voting online starting at 17:00 and ending at 22:00 Kuala Lumpur time.
There are 9 candidates for 6 positions. See the profiles of the 9 candidates.
Registration / Validation / Voting / Results
Players in the top 200 of the BWF World Ranking must register to vote if they want to take part in the elections on Friday 17 December.
|Step 1||Players must Register by 17:00 KL time on 15 December||English | Français | Español | Japanese ||
|Step 2||Validate Voter List||Each member will validate the list of eligible voters from their Association from those registered by the deadline.|
|Step 3||Link / password||Each eligible voter who has registered will be sent a link / password on 16 December to vote online in the elections.|
|Step 4||Vote Online in Elections||Friday 17 December – 17:00 – 22:00 Kuala Lumpur time (10:00 – 15:00 Central European Time)|
|Step 5||Results Announced||BWF will announce the results – Saturday 18 December|
Rules for Elections / Procedures
- Only eligible voters can take part in the elections (see below).
- Each eligible voters must register themselves to take part in the elections.
- Each Member Associations will validate their list of eligible voters.
- The final list of eligible voters will be published on the BWF website.
- The final list will be sent to the IT company who provides the online voting system.
- An independent scrutineer will check the master list loaded into the online voting system.
- Each voter will receive a link and login details to vote in the elections.
- Each registered voter must cast their own vote. No one can vote on behalf of others.
- This is a secret ballot.
- The poll will be open for 5 hours – 17:00 – 22:00 KL time on 17 February 2021.
- Those voting must vote for exactly 6 candidates (not more / not less).
- The IT provider will send BWF the results – without identifying who voted.
- The female and the male with the highest votes are automatically elected. The next 4 candidates with the highest number of votes will fill the other 4 positions.
- Results including the number of votes will be announced by the BWF on Saturday 18 December 2021.
Sometime after the elections, the new Athletes’ Commission will meet and elect the Chair / Deputy Chair. The Chair becomes a member of the BWF Council (2021 -2025).
Who is Eligible to Vote
Who can vote?
Badminton players who:
- Are 18 years or older on 17 December 2021.
- Ranked in the top 200 (BWF World Ranking as at 14 December).
- In ‘good standing’ / not serving a period of ineligibility
- Register online before 17:00 Kuala Lumpur Time – Wednesday 15 December in order to take part in the elections.
There are 73 Member Associations who have eligible players (in the top 200) and can vote IF THEY REGISTER by 17:00 KL time 15 December 2021. BWF has already sent information to these Members.
Contact Stuart Borrie – COO [email protected] if you have any questions.