Get Ready – BWF AGM 2023 Accommodation / Forms
Please find information about the BWF Annual General Meeting 2023 which is being held on Saturday 27 May 2023 in Kuala Lumpur.
Please complete the attached Delegates Nomination Form and send to Patricia [email protected] as soon as possible.
- Friday 7 April – Notice, Agenda, Papers sent out.
- Friday 31 March – Deadline to booking accommodation.
- Friday 21 April – Visa form / arrival & departure form.
- Thursday 25 May – Continental Confederation (CC) AGMs. (Pan Am, Africa, Oceania – please confirm with your CC).
- Friday 26 May – Members’ Forum 2023 / Gala Dinner.
- Saturday 27 May 2023 – BWF AGM.
See the schedule of meetings / activities. Check with your Continental Confederation
- Host Hotel – Booking Accommodation / Payment
Host Hotel / Accommodation – Traders Hotel, KLCC – Book Now!
- Each delegate – must book their own accommodation.
- Room Options – Deluxe Room / Deluxe Twin Tower view.
- Credit Card – You need a credit card to book.
- Book here (click here to book online) – use a mobile or laptop – if Chrome does not work, use a different browser – Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
- Deadline – to book is Friday 31 March.
- Sharing – if you want to share the room, one person book, and put the name and email address of the person you are sharing with under “Remarks” on the online form.
- Payment 1 – One room night will be charged to your credit card on 21 April.
- Payment 2 – The remainder of your room nights are charged on 8 May 2023.
- Book Early – Rooms are limited and blocked for March – first come first served!
- Cancellation – this is possible no later than 7 May 2023.
- Reimbursement – for your delegate to qualify for reimbursement of 3 or 4 nights accommodation they MUST book Traders Hotel through this system (see link above).
What if I do not Have a Credit Card to Book Online?
A few delegates may not have a credit card to make the booking. If your Voting Delegate needs assistance to book, send the following to Patricia Wong – [email protected] NO LATER than 31 March:
- Completed Nomination Form (attached).
- Your flight itinerary.
- And if you need a visa – Evidence that you have received this / applied for the visa.
- Reimbursement of Accommodation Cost
- BWF will reimburse Member Associations 3 nights accommodation at the Traders Hotel for your Voting Delegate (if they attend both the Members’ Forum and the AGM).
- BWF will reimburse 4 nights accommodation if your Voting Delegate also attends your Continental Confederation AGM if this is being hosted in Kuala Lumpur (Africa and Pan Am members).
- Booking Your Flight / Complete the Arrival / Departure Form
Each Member Association must book and pay for their own flight.
- Check if your delegate needs a visa to travel to Malaysia (see below).
- Check whether your Continental Confederation will host its AGM in KL on Thursday 25 May (the day before the Members’ Forum).
- Check for flight options for your delegate and book.
- Once you book, complete the arrival / departure information – form linked here.
- Insurance – we strongly recommend purchasing travel insurance.
Travel Support Grant 2023 – Each Member in “good standing” will receive a travel support grant for one (1) delegate (see link for how much each Member will receive).
- This travel support grant may not cover 100% of your airfare, but this will help to cover most travel costs for your Voting Delegate.
- The delegate must attend both the BWF Members’ Forum and BWF AGM to be eligible to receive the grant.
- The grant is paid to Member Associations the week after the AGM.
- Visas to Enter Malaysia – do you need one?
Entry into Malaysia – Check to see if you need a visa to travel to Malaysia – look at this website – https://www.malaysia.gov.my/portal/content/133 – people from some countries can apply for an eVisa – please check the link.
- If you need a letter for a Visa, complete the Visa Support Letter Form – linked here. The deadline to request this is 21 April 2023.
- Delegates / Observers
Delegates Nomination Form – Each Member ‘in good standing’ can nominate 2 delegates to the AGM if they wish – 1) a voting delegate and 2) a second delegate.
- Complete the nomination form attached – send to Patricia – [email protected]
- Check to see if your delegate needs a visa to enter Malaysia.
- Make sure your delegate has at least 6 months validity in their passport.
Observers – email Patricia [email protected] the names of any observers to the AGM – for example, if you have more than 2 delegates you must register others as observers.
AGM Page – BWF Website
The AGM page of the BWF website will be updated regularly as plans are announced.