We wish to inform you that BWF has extended the deadline to submit an application to host a Para Badminton World Circuit Tournament for 2022 and beyond. The new deadline is Friday 20 August 2021. This new deadline allows more time for Member Associations to better plan their Para badminton calendar for 2022 and beyond.
Please see below information on the BWF Para Badminton Tournament Structure 2022, the responsibilities for hosts and where to find the application form.
1. Documents – RFP, Hosts Responsibilities, Application Form
The following documents can be downloaded from the BWF corporate website (linked here).
- Request for Proposal – Bid Documents – Para badminton World Circuit 2022
- Responsibilities for Hosts
- Applications Form – to hosts a Para badminton World Circuit 2022
In addition to the bid documents, please have a look at the new regulations related to the new tournament structure that will take effect on 1 January 2022 (linked here).
Please forward this internally to the relevant people in your organisation.
2. Para badminton Tournament Structure from 2022
The new structure from 2022 consists of these Grades and Levels. Para Badminton World Ranking points are awarded to players based on the Grade and Level of the tournament each player competes in, with Grade 2 Level 1 having a higher amount of points than Levels 2 & 3.
3. Bids to Host a Para badminton Tournament in 2022
The BWF Para Badminton World Circuit – Grade 2, Level 1, 2 and 3 tournaments is a series of BWF sanctioned tournaments to begin in 2022. Member Associations or organisations recognised by the BWF, are invited to apply to host one or more of these tournaments.
Please find the following on the BWF website (linked here):
- Request for Proposal (RFP) / Bid Document – Para Badminton World Circuit.
- Appendix – Responsibilities for Hosts / BWF PB World Circuit – Grade 1 – Level 1-3
- Application Form – Para Badminton World Circuit 2022 – to be completed by the applicant.
4. Time Frames
- Monday 29 March 2021 – Request for Proposal Available
- Friday 20 August 2021 – Deadline for submissions / applications
- October 2021 – Tournaments Approved
- November 2021 – Successful Applicant / Host and BWF sign agreement.
5. Para Badminton General Competition Regulations 2022
BWF has been working on a new set of Para badminton regulations to support this tournament structure and para badminton competition in general. These regulations will take effect on 1 January 2022 so it is important that everyone is made aware of these changes and to go through the documents
- Section 5.5 – Para Badminton General Competition Regulations (PBGCR)
- Section 5.5.1 – Para Badminton Events Combination Chart
- Section 5.5.2 – Specification for Int. Standard Para Badminton Facilities
- Section 5.5.3 – Timelines for Para Badminton Tournament
- Section 5.5.4 – Para Badminton Tournament Sanction Policy
- Section 5.5.8 – Summary of PBGCR Clothing Regulations
- Section 5.5.9 – Para Badminton World Rankings Regulations
- Section 5.5.10 – Para Badminton World Circuit Regulations
The documents can be found on the BWF Corporate website – link.
The BWF will update to the membership if any changes to the regulations are made later this year. Please forward this internally to the relevant people in your organisation.
If you have any question, please contact [email protected]