Following up from our memorandum and announcement from 29 March 2021, this is a friendly reminder for those interested in hosting a para badminton world circuit tournament in 2022+ to submit their bid documents by Monday 14 June 2021.
- BWF Para Badminton Tournament Structure – 2022 and beyond
- Applications to Host – a Para badminton World Circuit 2021
This information is also available from the BWF website (linked here). Please forward this internally to the relevant people in your organisation.
1. Para badminton Tournament Structure from 2022
The new structure from 2022 consists of these Grades and Levels. Para Badminton World Ranking points are awarded to players based on the Grade and Level of the tournament each player competes in, with Grade 2 Level 1 having a higher amount of points than Levels 2 & 3.
2. Bids to Host a Para badminton Tournament in 2022
The BWF Para Badminton World Circuit – Grade 2, Level 1, 2 and 3 tournaments is a series of BWF sanctioned tournaments to begin in 2022. Member Associations or organisations recognised by the BWF, are invited to apply to host one or more of these tournaments.
Please find attached the following:
- Request for Proposal (RFP) / Bid Document – Para Badminton World Circuit.
- Appendix – Responsibilities for Hosts / BWF PB World Circuit – Grade 1 – Level 1-3
- Application Form – Para Badminton World Circuit 2022 – to be completed by the applicant.
3. Time Frames
- Monday 29 March 2021 – Request for Proposal Available
- Monday 14 June 2021 – Deadline for submissions / applications
- October 2021 – Tournaments Approved
- November 2021 – Successful Applicant / Host and BWF sign agreement.
The enclosed information and attachments can also be downloaded from the BWF website – linked here.
If you have any question, please contact [email protected]