1. Reminder – Applications to Host – Proposals – deadline 19 October
On Tuesday 19 June 2018, the BWF sent out a Memo inviting the membership to apply to host a BWF Major Event (2020 – 2025) (linked here).
This is a reminder that Members have until 19 October to submit an application.The following BWF Major Events are open for application (20 Championships in total):
- BWF World Championships (2021, 2022, 2023 and 2025 – 4 Championships)
- BWF Thomas/Uber Cup (2020, 2022 and 2024 – 3 Championships)
- BWF Sudirman Cup (2021, 2023 and 2025 – 3 Championships)
- BWF World Junior Championships (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025 – 7 Championships)
- BWF World Senior Championships – including potential festival concept (2021, 2023 and 2025 – 3 Championships).
For more information on the process, see the BWF website announcements page (linked here).
2. Call for Nominations of Administrator Awards
BWF has a system of awards to recognize excellence, performance and long service and we are calling for nominations for the 2018 awards. The awards are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Hall Of Fame
- Herbert Scheele Trophy
- Distinguished Service Award
- Meritorious Service Award
- Certificate of Commendation
- Annual Players Award
– Male and Female Badminton Player of the Year
– Male and Female Para-Badminton Player of the Year
– Eddie Choong Most Promising Player of the Year
– Most Improved Player of the Year Award
- Women in Badminton Award
- President’s Medal
See the BWF website (linked here) for the award regulations, the kinds of awards and who can nominate people and organisations for an award. You can also download the nomination forms.
Completed nomination forms can be sent to Patricia Wong – [email protected]
3. Schedule A Submission 2018
Please be reminded that Member Associations have 2 weeks to complete and send back to the BWF office the Schedule A for 2018. The deadline is midnight (KL time), Sunday 30 September 2018.
Thanks to the BWF Members below who have already submitted the Schedule A for 2018 (as at 12 September 2018).
- Africa – Algeria, Cameroon, DP Congo Kinshasa, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Mauritania, Niger, South Africa, Uganda.
- Asia – Bangladesh, China, Chinese Taipei, Iran, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Vietnam.
- Europe – Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Scotland, Serbia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.
- Oceania – Australia, Kiribati, New Zealand.
- Pan America – Aruba, Brazil, Canada, Cuba, Falkland Islands, Guyana, Jamaica, Peru, St Lucia, USA.
The Schedule A can be downloaded from the BWF website (linked here). Please contact Patricia Wong [email protected] if you have any questions about the list above or the process to submit the Schedule A.
4. Office Closures – Public Holidays – August / September
This is just a reminder that the BWF office will be closed next Monday to observe the following national holiday in Malaysia.
- Monday 17 September – National Holiday to celebrate Malaysia’s National Day.