BWF AGM 2022 Survey
The BWF Annual General Meeting 2022 will be hosted on Saturday 07 May 2022.
We are planning to host this in a “hybrid meeting format”, in Bangkok, Thailand before the start of the TotalEnergies Thomas & Uber Cup Finals.
A “hybrid meeting format”, means that AGM Delegates have a choice.
Delegates can either:
1. travel to Bangkok and attend the meeting in-person
2. ‘attend’ the AGM 2022 virtually from their home / office (like 2021 and 2020 AGMs).
Before we finalise our plans, we need to gather information from Members. The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting Members in very different ways. Vaccination programmes have varied and there are restrictions on travel overseas from some countries, and transiting and air travel is quite complex. So we want to understand which Members will attend ‘in person’.
Please read the below and ask one person from your association to complete the short survey. The deadline to do this is midnight KL time, Thursday 3 March.
Background to a Hybrid Meeting Format – BWF AGM 2022
- BWF AGM 2022 – Saturday 7 May (likely 18:00 – 21:00 Bangkok time)
- “Hybrid meeting format” – delegates can either 1) travel to Bangkok and attend in-person OR 2) attend the meeting virtually from home.
- Travel Grant – will be provided to help pay for flight costs to Bangkok (one delegate per Member Association).
- Accommodation – BWF will pay for 3 nights accommodation in the official hotel (4 nights if your Continental Confederation has an AGM in Bangkok before the BWF AGM);
- COVID-19 medical insurance – this will be provided for delegates while in Bangkok.
- Delegates travelling to Bangkok:
- Must get their own Visa if required and pay for this (the host can assist with Visa);
- Must purchase their own travel insurance;
- Must be fully vaccinated (any vaccine recognised by the World Health Organisation)
- Must have a negative RT-PCR test result to enter Thailand;
- A vaccine booster shot (3rd dose) is NOT necessary to enter Thailand.
- Will get a RT-PCR test on arrival (Day 1), quarantine in their hotel room for one day;
- If the result is negative, the delegate is free to move around the hotel / city;
- If the test result is positive, the delegate may be taken to a government hospital until they test negative;
- Must follow all COVID-19 safety protocols for the meetings / activities in Bangkok;
- Must check the requirements for COVID-19 tests to return back home. The host will organise these tests.
Please note that BWF will NOT cover any costs of quarantine or testing when delegates return to their home country (if these are required or not on return home).
BWF AGM 2022 Survey
Click on the link to complete the survey: AGM 2022 Survey
Use the dropdown to select the language.
Key Dates towards the AGM
Key dates to remember towards the AGM 2022 are as follows:
- Friday 18 March 2022 – Notice of the AGM / agenda / papers / annual report
- Friday 1 April 2022 – Deadline for amendments to proposals
- Saturday 07 May 2022 – BWF AGM
- Sunday 08 May 2022 – TotalEnergies BWF Thomas & Uber Cup Finals start
AGM & Forum Information
Please note that all the information for the AGM will be posted on the BWF website AGM page (linked here) when these become available.