Para badminton Initiatives 2022
Please find enclosed information on two Para badminton initiatives for 2022:
- National Classifier Training Workshops – who is this for / how to apply?
- Para Badminton Female Participation Grants – who is this for / how to apply?
- National Classification Workshops 2022
The BWF is pleased to provide information on opportunities to nominate participants to attend National Level 1 & National Level 2 Classifier workshops, which will take place in 2022.
National Classifier workshops involve a combination of theory and observation sessions and are designed to support National Badminton Associations and National Paralympic Committees who wish to deliver Para badminton activities and tournaments in their country.
The National Level 1 Classifier Workshop is open to anyone with an interest in Para badminton and athlete classification. The course does not require a background in the field of medicine or physiotherapy, however, to progress to the National Level 2 Classifier Workshop a medical or physiotherapy qualification is a prerequisite, as well as previous attendance of a National Level 1 Classifier Workshop.
We therefore advise Member Associations and National Paralympic Committees to select representatives based on their long-term plans to develop a national classifier workforce.
Please note that attending these workshops does not qualify a person to classify athletes at an international level.
For more information, see the BWF Development Website (linked here) including:
- BWF National Classifier Workshop Calendar 2022
- BWF National Classifier Workshop Application Form
- Para Badminton Female Participation Grants 2022
The BWF is pleased to provide information on the criteria and application process to access the Female Participation Grants for Para badminton athletes in 2022.
The Female Participation Grant offers opportunities for new female athletes to apply for financial support to attend and be Internationally Classified at a number of BWF sanctioned international tournaments in 2022.
To be considered and receive a participation grant from the BWF, athletes must meet the following criteria:
- Be affiliated to their National Badminton Federation / National Para badminton Federation / National Paralympic Committee;
- Be eligible to be internationally classified by the BWF in one of the six Para badminton Sport Classes (WH1, WH2, SL3, SL4, SU5 & SH6);
- Participate in structured badminton training on a weekly basis (minimum).
- Application Form / Attachments
Please find attached the following:
1.Grant Application Form – send Erica Khoo [email protected]
Deadline for the applications is 18th February 2022.
2.Tournaments 2022 – where Classification will take place this year.
- Form 1– Para Badminton Medical Information Form
- Form 2– Para Badminton Player Evaluation Consent Form
Please complete the two forms in full and return to [email protected] and [email protected] by 18th February 2022. Please title the email Female Participation Grant 2022.
More Information / Contact
For more information on the application process and the application forms, see the BWF Development Website (linked here)
Please email Erica Khoo [email protected] if you have any questions regarding the enclosed.