Application to Host
The BWF opens a competitive application process to host its Major Events. BWF is committed to providing a fair and transparent application process and an equal opportunity for applicants to present their strongest case in meeting the requirements for hosting BWF Major Events. The BWF has a Code of Conduct for those organisations making a bid to host a BWF Major Event – please see the BWF Statutes – Section 2.2.3 – Bidding Organisations Code of Conduct.
BWF Awards Major Championships
In November 2018, the BWF Council decided the locations and hosts of 18 Championships between 2020 – 2025 (linked here).
Currently there are no requests for proposals to host Major Championships.
Deadlines to Submit
- 3 August 2018 – Deadline for the Expression of Interest Form (downloaded above)
- 19 October 2018 – Deadline to submit the Bid Form (download above)
BWF Members submitting an Expression of Interest to host one or more of the above Championships will be invited to enter into a dialogue with BWF (“BWF Major Events Consultation Process”) around their interest.
The BWF Major Events Consultation Process has the objective to:
- Ensure that the terms and financial requirements to host the BWF Major Events are clear to all parties.
- Discuss the possibility for a BWF Member to host a “package” of BWF Major Events during the period 2019 to 2025.
- Discuss the allocation of commercial rights awarded to the host.
- Potentially conduct any necessary site visits to venues.
This process will result in a submission of an application to host one or more BWF Major Events.
BWF will also actively approach various Members previously having hosted BWF Major Events and new potential markets, with an invitation to the BWF Major Events Consultation Process. Members not submitting an Expression of Interest can however also submit bids.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Documents
A package of RFP documents can be downloaded above. The RFP documents describe the rights and obligations related to the hosting of the BWF Major Events, including the commercial structures. The document package includes:
- Expression of Interest Form
- RFP – BWF World Championships, BWF Thomas & Uber Cups and BWF Sudirman Cup.
- RFP – for World Junior Championships
- RFP – for World Senior Championships.
- Bid form for BWF Major Championships
Members submitting an Expression of Interest before the deadline will be invited to start the BWF Major Events Consultation Process prior to the deadline to submit applications. Members submitting an Expression of Interest will be sent generic contract material related to the relevant BWF Major Events prior to any dialogue.
|OCT / NOV||2017||19 OCT 2018||29 NOV 2018|
THOMAS & UBER CUP
|MAY||2017||19 OCT 2018||29 NOV 2018|